What I Hate About The Internet (Hint: A Lot Of Things)

This is more of a rant than my previous posts, but I feel like I should share some of my views on the dumbest things on the internet that have exploded.

1. TIK TOK. I don’t know what the huge hype about it is; it’s like any other social media platform and is basically a huge butterfly effect where someone can post something, and it hits a bunch of other social media sites when it does nothing for anything. Some people have even gotten famous off of dancing on the platform and I really don’t understand anything about how in the world that happens. It also has a bunch of unsafe things like challenges and sometimes predators, and people who support clearly problematic things, but people still use it as a non-toxic site. Sure, there are some quality-content clips and videos on it that actually make you laugh, but other than that, I’d rather just stay in the dark and avoid it because I’m that kind of person.
  2. I don’t understand Stan Culture. It’s essentially when someone looks up to people who got famous basically overnight for something not that incredible (usually), and worship them like they’re God or something. It’s really dumb in my mind, and the people they stan are literally just ordinary people, and when they do something wrong, nothing happens about it and stans defend the creator even if they’re problematic.
  3. Aesthetics. Apparently clothing is getting labels now and I don’t understand it either. It’s okay to try out different things, but a lot of aesthetics are literally carbon copies of each other. There’s a lot of light coloured ones, and then a darker one like emo or goth. Alternative is a mash up of insane looking, dark colours and light colours, but it’s still the only one I like because it’s literally a normal outfit but exaggerated and expressive about someone. All the other ones are kind of uncanny in my mind.
  4. Whatever the heck people are doing these days is just weird. The music and the platforms and the fame is all really strange now. I don’t judge, but I just don’t like it a ton like everyone else. If you take a look at what music I like or how I dress, I’m very 2000s a lot because I listen to songs prior to 2009 a lot, with some odd ones in 2015/16 because that was prime music time, honestly.

This was a bit of a long rant, but I really don’t care because do what you want as long are you’re not doing something wrong or illegal or discriminatory. I know I probably won’t change my mind about any of this soon, but I really don’t care.