Why I Hate Summer

I know most people think summer is the best season. It’s warmer than the other season’s, you can get tanned and go outside a lot more, etc. I am not one of those people, so I kind of just trash on all of it.

1. The weather. I have a very big, irrational fear of thunder storms, and when do they occur most? Summer. If there’s even a slight chance of one or its cloudy and windy, I’m already hiding away in the basement. It doesn’t really help my case that the house I live in basically amplifies ever little sound. I get sick to my stomach and feel like I’m having a panic attack and can’t breathe correctly. I feel like puking and I can’t eat anything. Sometimes, though, if I’m fortunate enough, I’ll get over it when the storm calm down and bit and be able to not figuratively die.
  2. The weather, again. I live in Canada, and even though it gets down to -50 in the winter, it gets really hecka hot in the summer. Like, +30, which is sweating by a air conditioner hot. I don’t know why people love it, but it sucks. Also, I hate tanning and looking like a tangerine or something, so I end up crawling out of my cave at the end of summer looking like a vampire while my sister and mom (and other family members) look bronze. I don’t mind it, but it makes me look really sick and like I am gonna die soon.
  3. I’m insecure. I hate going out into public and it’s no help that all my clothes are either black or the darkest shade of a colour before black. I don’t go swimming and I don’t go outside a lot because of my clothes and the previous reasons (see above). The last time I went swimming at an actual public pool was around 2017, so a good 4 years not drowning in a public bathtub. Also, another unmentioned reason why I don’t go outside is my sleep schedule. I’ll give you a clue; last summer, I woke up at 5pm once…

That’s pretty much all the reasons I hate summer and a bag of chips. I’ll stick to staying inside with family during -50 weather and opening Christmas presents, thank you.