Clothing Styles

Do you ever have this thing where you don’t know what the heck to wear or what style suits you?

I get this a lot and it can be kind of annoying. I don’t really know what style fits me or what I really like. Some days I like more “girlish” things and others I can be completely rock ‘n’ roll. Most of the time, I just wear things that I wouldn’t get judged in, when in reality, I would want to be wearing something completely different.

It can be kind of a hassle to keep telling yourself not to wear things you like, or realizing you don’t really look good in the things you like, and I think it’s more of a confidence issue for me. I also have very bad paranoia about everything, so I’m constantly thinking when shopping for or wearing something like “What will my mom think? What will my friends think?” and it’s a very bad habit to get into. Being self conscious about every little thing or thinking about what they’ll say when in reality, they could probably care less, is really a tough situation.

Whenever I’m home alone, I do the classic dress up thing because it’s when I feel most comfortable to wear whatever the heck I want to wear without judgment (except maybe from the cat).

I’m still trying to get out of the habit of what I think people will judge about me, so maybe I can update on this topic soon.